Official Widespread Panic album releases.
This page maintained by Bryan Irby
(Additions / comments /corrections are encouraged).
WIDESPREAD PANIC: SPACE WRANGLER (LANDSLIDE - SEPTEMBER 1988)
- Includes: Chilly Water, Travelin' Light, Space Wrangler, Coconut, The Take Out, Porch Song, Stop-Go, Driving Song, and Gomero Blanco.
- Released on vinyl, cassette, & CD
WIDESPREAD PANIC: WIDESPREAD PANIC (CAPRICORN - JULY 30, 1991)
- A.K.A. Mom's Kitchen. Includes Send Your Mind, Walkin' (For Your Love), Pigeons, Mercy, Rock, Makes Sense To Me, C Brown, Love Tractor, Weight of the World, I'm Not Alone, Barstools & Dreamers, Proving Ground, and The Last Straw.
- T Lavitz on keyboards.
WIDESPREAD PANIC: SPACE WRANGLER (CAPRICORN - FEBRUARY 4, 1992)
- Re-release of the Landslide album, with 3 extra tracks: Holden Oversoul and Contentment Blues (both taken from a John Keane Studio recording session in Sept. 1990), and Me & The Devil Blues / Heaven (taken from the sessions for the Mom's Kitchen album in the spring of 1991).
WIDESPREAD PANIC: EVERYDAY (CAPRICORN - MARCH 9, 1993)
- Includes Pleas, Hatfield, Wondering, Papa's Home, Diner, Better Off, Pickin' Up The Pieces, Henry Parsons Died, Pilgrims, Postcard, and Dream Song.
- First album with John "Jojo" Hermann on keys.
WIDESPREAD PANIC: AIN'T LIFE GRAND (CAPRICORN - SEPTEMBER 6, 1994)
- Includes Little Kin, Ain't Life Grand, Airplane, Can't Get High, Heroes, Raise The Roof, Junior, L.a., Blackout Blues, Jack, Fishwater, and a hidden track, Waiting For The Wind To Blow Down The Tree In My Backyard.
WIDESPREAD PANIC: BOMBS & BUTTERFLIES (CAPRICORN - FEBRUARY 4, 1997)
- Includes Radio Child, Aunt Avis, Tall Boy, Gradle, Glory, Rebirtha, You Got Yours, Hope In A Hopeless World, Happy, and Greta.
- Released on Vinyl & CD.
WIDESPREAD PANIC: LIGHT FUSE, GET AWAY (CAPRICORN - APRIL 21, 1998)
- Double CD, recorded live during the 1997 Spring, Summer, & Fall Tours. Includes Porch Song (3.13.97), Disco (3.13.97), Diner (3.29.97), Wondering (3.29.97), Love Tractor (4.15.97), Pilgrims (6.26.97), Space Wrangler (7.02.97), Travelin' Light (5.02.97), Pickin' Up The Pieces (9.07.97 with Branford Marsalis), Conrad (7.08.97), Papa Legba (4.24.97), Rebirtha (5.01.97), Rock (5.01.97), Greta (7.02.97), Barstools & Dreamers (7.08.97), Impossible (7.08.97), Drums (11.06.97), Gimme (4.11.97), and Pigeons (4.11.97).
WIDESPREAD PANIC: 'TIL THE MEDICINE TAKES (CAPRICORN - JULY 27, 1999)
- Includes Surprise Valley, Bear's Gone Fishin', The Waker, Party At Your Mama's House, All Time Low, One Arm Steve, Blue Indian, Christmas Katie, You'll Be Fine, Climb To Safety, Nobody's Loss, and Dyin' Man.
- There is reportedly a Japanese import version of this CD which includes all the songs from the U.S. TTMT release, plus a cover of Funkadelic's Red Hot Mama.
WIDESPREAD PANIC FEATURING THE DIRTY DOZEN BRASS BAND: ANOTHER JOYOUS OCCASION (WIDESPREAD RECORDS - MAY 23, 2000)
- Single-disc Live CD, recorded during the 1999 summer and fall tours with the Dirty Dozen Brass Band. Includes Fishwater (6.19.99), Superstition (6.19.99), Fishwater Reprise (6.19.99), Christmas Katie (7.23.99), Beehive Jam (7.23.99), Big Chief (7.23.99), Drums (7.23.99), Weight of the World (7.25.99), I Walk On Guilded Splinters (7.25.99), Coconut (11.27.99), and Arleen (live track from ?.?.99 remixed with a dance beat in the studio).
WIDESPREAD PANIC: DON'T TELL THE BAND (SANCTUARY - JUNE 19, 2001)
- Includes Little Lilly, Give, Imitation Leather Shoes, This Part Of Town, Sometimes (fIREHOSE cover), Thought Sausage, Down, Big Wooly Mammoth, Tears of a Woman, Casa Del Grillo, Old Joe, Action Man, and Don't Tell The Band.
- First pressing includes a limited edition live disc recorded during the 04.01.00 show at the Classic Center in Athens, GA including Action Man, Chilly Water, Pleas, and C. Brown.
WIDESPREAD PANIC: LIVE IN THE CLASSIC CITY (SANCTUARY / WIDESPREAD RECORDS - JUNE 11, 2002)
- 3-CD live set contains the 04.01.00 show in its entirety: Includes Action Man, Chilly Water, Pleas, Chilly Water (reprise), C. Brown, Little Lilly, I'm Not Alone, One Arm Steve, Flat Foot Flewzy, Surprise Valley, Blight, Walkin' (For Your Love), All Time Low, Mercy, Ride Me High, Drums, Time Is Free, Climb To Safety, and Blue Indian.
- From 04.02.00: Includes Bear's Gone Fishin', The Waker, Hatfield, and Tall Boy.
- From 04.03.00: Includes Dyin' Man, Stop-Go, Red Hot Mama, Worry, and Let's Get The Show On The Road.
- Features guests John Keane, Chuck Leavell, Randall Bramblett, Derek Trucks, Col. Bruce Hampton, Anne Richmond Boston, Yonrico Scott, Charlie Pruet, Count M'Butu, Bill Berry, Dr. Arvin Scott, Garrie Vereen, and Peter Jackson.
WIDESPREAD PANIC: BALL (SANCTUARY / WIDESPREAD RECORDS - APRIL 15, 2003)
- Includes Fishing, Thin Air (Smells Like Mississippi), Tortured Artist, Papa Johnny Road, Sparks Fly, Counting Train Cars, Don't Wanna Lose You, Longer Look, Meeting of the Waters, Nebulous, Monstrosity, Time Waits, Travelin' Man, and an unlisted "hidden" track which is an instrumental version of "Thin Air (Smells Like Mississippi)" with a shift in pitch applied.
- First studio album with George McConnell on lead guitar.
WIDESPREAD PANIC: NIGHT OF JOY (MARCH 23, 2004)
- Includes Thought Sausage, Thin Air, Use Me, Bayou Lena, Old Neighborhood, Bust It Big, Arleen, I Wish, and Rebirtha
- Features guests Revert Andrews (trombone), Kevin Harris (tenor sax), Terence Higgins (percussion, drums), Roger Lewis (baritonesax , soprano sax), Julius McKee (sousaphone), and Efrem Towns (trumpet, flugelhorn)
WIDESPREAD PANIC: ÜBER COBRA (JULY 13, 2004)
- Includes Walk On, Wonderin', Can't Get High, Party at Your Mama's House, Nobody's Loss, City of Dreams, Geraldine & the Honey Bee, Expiration Day, Mercy, Imitation Leather Shoes, Can't Find My Way Home, and Papa Johnny Road
- Features guest John Keane (pedal steel)
WIDESPREAD PANIC: JACKASSOLANTERN (SEPTEMBER 28, 2004)
- Includes Sweet Leaf, Sympathy for the Devil, Sex Machine, Hot in Herre, Peace Frog/Blue Sunday, Slippin' into Darkness, The Wind Cries Mary, Ball of Confusion (That's What the World Is Today), and Godzilla
- Features guests Randall Bramblett (saxophone) and The Dirty Dozen Brass Band
- Recorded during various Halloween shows
WIDESPREAD PANIC: LIVE AT MYRTLE BEACH (FEBRUARY 22, 2005)
- Disc one includes Ain't Life Grand, Conrad the Caterpillar, Don't Wanna Lose You, Dirty Business, and Stop Breakin' Down Blues
- Disc two includes Papa's Home, Henry Parsons Died, Action Man, Postcard, Bowlegged Woman, and Chilly Water
- Features guest John Keane (pedal steel)
WIDESPREAD PANIC: EARTH TO AMERICA (SANCTUARY / WIDESPREAD RECORDS - JUNE 13, 2006)
- Includes Second Skin, Goodpeople, From the Cradle, Solid Rock, Time Zones, When the Clowns Come Home, Ribs and Whiskey, Crazy, You Should Be Glad, and May Your Glass Be Filled
- First studio album with Jimmy Herring on lead guitar.
WIDESPREAD PANIC: FREE SOMEHOW (WIDESPREAD RECORDS - FEBRUARY 12, 2008)
- Includes Boom Boom Boom, Walk On The Flood, Angels On High, Three Candles, Tickle the Truth, Free Somehow, Flicker, Dark Day Program, Her Dance Needs No Body, Already Fried, and Up All Night
WIDESPREAD PANIC: DIRTY SIDE DOWN (WIDESPREAD RECORDS - MAY 25, 2010)
- Includes Saint Ex, North, Dirty Side Down, This Cruel Thing, Visiting Day, Clinic Cynic, St. Louis, Shut Up and Drive, True to My Nature, When You Coming Home, Jaded Tourist, and Cotton Was King
WIDESPREAD PANIC: LIVE IN THE CLASSIC CITY II (SEPTEMBER 29, 2010)
- Disc one includes Travelin' Light, Machine, Barstools and Dreamers, This Part of Town, Sleeping Man, Radio Child, and Imitation Leather Shoes
- Disc two includes Disco, Rebirtha, Greta, E on a G, You'll Be Fine, Big Wooly Mammoth, Fishwater, Success Yourself, and End of the Show
- Features guests John Keane (pedal steel), Dr. Arvin Scott (percussion), Anne Richmond Boston (vocals), Daniel Hutchens (vocals), Eric Carter (guitar), and Mike Mills (keyboard)
- Recorded 04.01-03.00 at the Classic Center Theater in Athens, GA
WIDESPREAD PANIC: LIVE WOOD (APRIL 21, 2012)
- Includes Blue Indian, Degenerate, Tall Boy, The Ballad of John and Yoko, Tail Dragger, Fishing, and Many Rivers to Cross
- Features guest John Keane (guitar, pedal steel)
- Recorded at multiple locations during the acoustic Wood Tour from January–February 2012. 180 gram vinyl only release for Record Store Day 2012.
WIDESPREAD PANIC: WOOD (OCTOBER 16, 2012)
- Disc one includes The Ballad of John and Yoko, Mercy, Imitation Leather Shoes, Clinic Cynic, Tall Boy, Many Rivers to Cross, Good Morning Little School Girl, Pickin' Up the Pieces, and Ain't Life Grand
- Disc two includes St. Louis, Time Waits, Sell Sell, Tail Dragger, Tickle the Truth, Fixin' to Die, Climb to Safety, Counting Train Cars, C Brown, Blight, and End of the Show
- Features guest Col. Bruce Hampton, Ret. (vocals)
- Recorded at multiple locations during the acoustic Wood Tour from January–February 2012.
WIDESPREAD PANIC: STREET DOGS (VANGUARD RECORDS - SEPTEMBER 25, 2015)
- Includes Sell Sell, Steven’s Cat, Cease Fire, Jamais Vu (The World Has Changed), Angels Don’t Sing the Blues, Honky Red, The Poorhouse of Positive Thinking, Welcome to My World, Tail Dragger, and Street Dogs for Breakfast
WIDESPREAD PANIC: SUNDOWN BETTY (WIDESPREAD RECORDS - OCTOBER 30, 2020)
- Includes Sundown Betty and I Swear It Wasn't Me
WIDESPREAD PANIC: MISS KITTY'S LOUNGE (WIDESPREAD RECORDS - MAY 20, 2022)
- Includes A of D, C Brown, Rock, Pigeons, Holden Oversoul, Proving Ground, The Last Straw, Love Tractor, Machine, Barstools & Dreamers, Contentment Blues, Impossible, L.a., and Conrad
- Features previously unreleased demos, independently recorded in 1990 at John Keane's studio in Athens, GA
- Features John Keane (guitar), Page McConnell (organ) and Randall Bramblett (saxophone)